Sanchez & Farrar PLLC
Call Us Today for a
Free Phone Consultation

New Braunfels, Texas

Austin, Texas
(512) 518-1584

Call Us Today for a Free Phone Consultation

New Braunfels, Texas

Austin, Texas
(512) 518-1584

Advocating For You

  1. Home
  2.  - 
  3. Family Law
  4.  - Enforcement Actions

Complying With An Enforcement Action

When dealing with enforcement actions, keep in mind that courts appreciate it when parties comply with court orders, and they frown upon parties that violate court orders. Courts also appreciate evidence. These elements will help you with all aspects of your divorce decree, child custody agreement, and child support obligations.

What To Do When Violations Occur

When your child’s other parent violates some element of your divorce or custody order, you will likely need to go to court to obtain an order of enforcement. First, you might try to work matters out with the other parent to request that they follow the terms of the custody and visitation agreement or child support obligation.

If that effort does not work, come see us. Our attorneys at Sanchez & Farrar, PLLC are experienced at helping parents with all types of enforcement actions. We can advise you on what you need to do. Because you will need to go to court to request enforcement of divorce terms, your compliance with all your obligations is critical, including child visitation and support payments.

Evidence To Support Your Claims

A judge is more likely to look favorably on your request if you provide detailed evidence that supports your claims, such as records of the number of times and places where your child’s other parent refused to transfer the child or the amount of missing child support payments.

Likewise, you want to be able to demonstrate to the court your compliance with all your obligations. Detailed record keeping is valuable. Even a notebook with every visitation or transaction can provide support for your claims, as well as emails or photo shots of cellphone texts. You want to show that you adhere to the rules in the court order.

Relocations Or Move-Aways

If you need to move because of your job or would like to move for any other reason, you must work out an agreement with your child’s other parent to modify the custody order. You cannot take your child out of the county or Texas unless your custody agreement explicitly permits this. We can help you with the details of a relocation.

In the case where your child’s other parent moves without your consent or court approval, you need to immediately contact our attorneys to seek an injunction to stop this action. Do not delay, as it is critical to act quickly.

Questions About Enforcing Or Modifying An Existing Agreement?

To speak with our lawyers, call our office or use our online form.

Our legal staff is fully bilingual in English and Spanish.